for my niece brennan's birthday dinner
i asked her what dessert she would like me to make.
she said "orange trifle".
i've never seen an orange trifle,
but why not?
you can make a trifle out of whatever you want!
so i thought about it,
then put it together,
and it turned out soooooooooo good!
way beyond my expectations!
and it had an orange creamsicle flavor
so i decided that would be the official name.
it sounds more cute, too.
paula's orange creamsicle trifle
1 1/2 angel food cakes
orange juice (no pulp)
12 navel oranges from my backyard because they're the best!
1) section the oranges. you can learn how to do that here. this removes all of the white pith.
2) make pudding according to package directions, plus about 1/3 cup extra liquid to thin it out a little.
3) cut angel food cake into 1 inch cubes.
4) pour 1/2 cup o.j. into a bowl. dip cake cubes in o.j. (don't soak, just quickly dip)
5) layer bottom of trifle dish with cake.
6) layer sectioned oranges over cake (i used 6 oranges for each orange layer).
7) pour half of pudding over oranges.
8)start again with another cake layer,
and continue on with layers in the same order as before.
9) top with whipped cream